Tuesday, April 9, 2013

FREE PATTERN Breezybot Baby Doll Sling

These patterns are for personal or charity use only; to sell items made from this pattern, please contact me at breezybot@hotmail.com. Please do not reproduce or sell my patterns.

Breezybot Baby Doll Sling
Please note: this pattern is for toy use only. Not intended for modification for use with real babies!

 
Worsted Weight yarn
6.0mm J hook

All row counts include chain as first stitch.

Ch 12
R 1: starting in 3rd chain from hook, Dc across (10)
R 2: Ch 2, turn, dc across (10)
R 3: Ch 2, turn, Dc 3, dc 2 in each of next 2, dc 4 (12)
R 4: Ch 2, turn, Dc 4, dc 2 in each of next 2, dc 5 (14)
R 5: Ch 2, turn, Dc 5, dc 2 in each of next 2, dc 6 (16)
R 6: Ch 2, turn, Dc 6, dc 2 in each of next 2, dc 7 (18)
R 7: Ch 2, turn, Dc 7, dc 3 in each of next 2, dc 8 (22)
R 8: Ch 1, turn, sc 1, hdc 1, dc 16, hdc 1, sc 2 (22)
R 9-16: Ch 2, turn, dc across (22)
R 17: Ch 1, turn, sc 1, hdc 1, dc 16, hdc 1, sc 2 (22)
R 18: Ch 2, turn, dc across (22)
Rd 19: Ch 2, turn, dc 7, dc 3 tog, dc 3 tog, dc 8 (18)
R 20: Ch 2, turn, dc 6, dc 2 tog, dc 2 tog, dc 7 (16)
R 21: Ch 2, turn, dc 5, dc 2 tog, dc 2 tog, dc 6 (14)
R 22: Ch 2, turn, dc 4, dc 2 tog, dc 2 tog, dc 5 (13)
R 23: Ch 2, turn, dc 3, dc 2 tog, dc 2 tog, dc 4 (10)
R 24: Ch 2, turn, dc across (10)
Repeat row 24 until the sling fits comfortably around the child like a sash (usually 18-25 more rows)
Slip stitch last row to row 1 to make a big loop
Tie off, weave in ends


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Approximately what size doll would fit in your lovely sling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter uses her 12in baby and the baby is a bit too long. But she makes it work. Perfect little project for little ones.

      Delete
  2. I making these for toddler twins who have cerebral palsy, so need lots of help playing with their dollies. They are going to be so proud to be able to wear them without help :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making this for my great-niece who just turned 3. She takes very good care of her "baby", so I think she'll love it :) Thanks for the darling and free pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this and it is so cute. My daughters' babies are too big for it, though. How can I make it wider so their babies don't fall out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to make it larger just repeat the rows in the middle until the actual part the doll goes in is long enough for the doll intended to go in it.I'm pretty sure that will work. I'm going to try it because two of my grandaughters want doll slings and I'll make it for the Cabbage patch dolls I have here that I'm going to send them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is repeat the middle...widest rows so that when you put on the rest which you will be able to tell how long that is by what you've made up to the middle stitches... makes the whole doll part long enough for the doll

      Delete